What’s Happening in Madison County, North Carolina
VisitMadisonCounty.com/events or call 828 680-9031
May 24 – 31
- Monday, May 29th beginning at 9 am: Memorial Day Observance on the Madison County Courthouse Lawn. Join the Town of Marshall and the Downtown Marshall Association in a special ceremony to honor Americans who died while in military service. For more information call 649-3031
- Every Day except Monday from 11am to 5pm: “Shelter on the Mountain: Barns and Building Traditions of the Southern Highlands” exhibit at the Rural Heritage Museum on the Mars Hill University campus. Through May 2017. For information, call 689-1400 or go to http://www.mhu.edu/museum
- Weekdays from 10am to 4pm: Exhibits at Weizenblatt Art Gallery in Moore Auditorium on Cascade Street, Mars Hill. Currently, Rock Creek Pottery Exhibit in Weizenblatt Gallery.
Also on display in “the glass gallery” will be some 18th century wood fired Italian Majolica pottery. Runs 5/23 – 8/12. Free and Open to the Public. Information at 828 689-1209 www.mhu.edu/art.
- Weeknights: Open Mic Nights–Tuesday at Stackhouse, Wednesday at Zuma, Friday at Mars Hill Radio Theatre. Contact locations for information.
- Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at Good Stuff, 38 Baileys Branch Road in downtown Marshall. Live music (plus other nights at times). 649-9711
- Wednesdays from 6:30 to 9:00 at Zuma. Open Mic with hosts Linda Jarvis and Jerry Burns.
- Thursdays at 7pm at Zuma, 7 N. Main St, downtown Marshall: FREE music with “Blue Grass Jam” featuring Bobby Hicks and friends 649-1617
- Thursdays from 8 to 10pm: Andy Buckner Live Music at Stackhouse Restaurant, 37 S. Main Street, Mars Hill. 680-1213
- Fridays at 6:30pm at The Depot, 282 S. Main St, downtown Marshall: FREE traditional music and dancing. 649-2332 (all year except for first Friday in December)
Saturdays from 9am to 2pm: Mars Hill Tailgate Market is on the Quad on Mars Hill University campus. There is beef, rabbit, chicken, pork, and lamb; vegetables; eggs; herbal tinctures; goat milk soap and more for sale. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/
- Saturdays from 10am to 2pm: Hot Springs Homegrown & Handmade Market on the lawn of the Alpine Court. From 4/1-10/28.For more information https://www.facebook.com/hotspringsmarket or https://hotspringsmarket.wordpress.com/
- First and Third Saturdays at 7:30: Rodeo at the Madison County Fairgrounds. $10 for tickets. Contact 828-206-6969
- Monday, April 3rd – Wednesday, May 31: Cecil Sharp Historic Photographs: Free. At the Arts Center, 90 S. Main Street, Marshall. For more information www.madisoncountyarts.com or cecilsharpinappalachia.org
- Saturday, June 3, 6-8 PM in Weizenblatt Gallery: Opening Reception for “Lineage: Celebrating Rock Creek Pottery.” This exhibit brings light to the continued widespread influence of former western North Carolina wood fire potters Will Ruggles and Douglass Rankin. Admission is free and open to the public. Information at 828 689-1209 www.mhu.edu/art.
- Saturday, June 3 from 10 am to 5 pm: 10th Annual Mermaids Parade & Festival. Vendors, music, splash island activities (including a dunk tank, water slide and bounce house) and other family friendly activities. Traditional Mermaid parade starts on the Island at 6 pm. Join us paddle, swim and dance through Main Street. For more information contact iLoveMarshallNC@gmail.com
- Saturday, June 3 from 10 am to 10 pm: 10th anniversary of the Prama Institute & Wellness Center. Event is free and will offer free yoga classes all day as well as other workshops, presentations, massage and children activities. Lunch and dinner available for purchase. For more information and RSVP: https://prama.org/prama-anniversay/ or 828-649-9408.
- Saturday, June 3, 2017 from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm: for Music, Fun & Food at Ebbs Chapel Auditorium. Local bands playing Country, Bluegrass, Folk, & old-time music. Free Admission! Everyone is welcome!
- Thursday, June 8 at 5:30pm: Farm to Table dinner to benefit the Appalachian Barn Alliance at the Farmers Hands in Mars Hill. Reservations required — either e-mail info@appalachianbarns.
org or call Sandy at 828-380-9146. Cost is $45 per person–$40 for 2017 members. Includes a tour of the buildings on the property.
- Saturday, June 10 from 10 am to 6 pm: Bluff Mountain Festival, Hot Springs Resort and Spa. All acoustic! Old Time Bluegrass and Ballads. Silent auction, raffle, food vendors, art market. Family Friendly. For more information: http://madisoncountyarts.com/
Contact us to learn more about the wide variety of experiences available in our beautiful county by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Provided by: Madison County Tourism Development Authority and Madison County Visitor Center