What’s Happening in Madison County, North Carolina
VisitMadisonCounty.com/events or call 828 680-9031
March 29 – April 5
- Saturday, April 1 from 9am to 2pm: Mars Hill Tailgate Market grand opening on the quad on MHU. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/marshilltailgatemarket:
- Saturday, April 1 from 9am til after dinner: Spring Plow Day at 5101 Grapevine Road (off 213). Rain Date April 8. For more details go to www.appalachianbarns.org or call 828-380-1178
- Monday, April 3 through Wednesday, May 31: Cecil Sharp Historic Photographs. Free. For more information: www.madisoncountyarts.com or cecilsharpinappalachia.org
- Every Day except Monday from 11am to 5pm: “Shelter on the Mountain: Barns and Building Traditions of the Southern Highlands” exhibit at the Rural Heritage Museum on the Mars Hill University campus. Through May 2017. For information, call 689-1400 or go to http://www.mhu.edu/museum
- Weekdays from 10am to 4pm: Exhibits at Weizenblatt Art Gallery in Moore Auditorium on Cascade Street, Mars Hill. Free and Open to the Public. Information at 828 689-1209 www.mhu.edu/art. Currently, 3/22-4/21 “Context, Pretext, Subtext: Words in Art, Art in Words”.
- Weeknights: Open Mic Nights–Tuesday at Stackhouse, Wednesday at Zuma, Friday at Mars Hill Radio Theatre. Contact locations for information.
- Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at Good Stuff, 38 Baileys Branch Road in downtown Marshall. Live music (plus other nights at times). 649-9711
- Wednesdays from 6:30 to 9:00 at Zuma. Open Mic with hosts Linda Jarvis and Jerry Burns.
- Thursdays at 7pm at Zuma, 7 N. Main St, downtown Marshall: FREE music with “Blue Grass Jam” featuring Bobby Hicks and friends 649-1617
- Thursdays from 8 to 10pm: Andy Buckner Live Music at Stackhouse Restaurant, 37 S. Main Street, Mars Hill. 680-1213
- Fridays at 6:30pm at The Depot, 282 S. Main St, downtown Marshall: FREE traditional music and dancing. 649-2332 (all year except for first Friday in December)
Saturdays from 9am to 2pm: Mars Hill Tailgate Market is on the Quad on Mars Hill University campus. There is beef, rabbit, chicken, pork, and lamb; vegetables; eggs; herbal tinctures; goat milk soap and more for sale. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/
- Every Saturday at 7pm and Every Sunday at 2pm: Movie at the Mars Hill Radio Theatre, Main Street in Mars Hill. Information at http://www.marshillradiotheatre.org/
- First and Third Saturdays at 7:30 through April: Rodeo at the Madison County Fairgrounds. Heated indoor and concessions. $10 for tickets. Contact 828-206-6969
- Monday, April 3rd – Wednesday, May 31: Cecil Sharp Historic Photographs: Free. For more information www.madisoncountyarts.com or cecilsharpinappalachia.org
- Friday, April 7 at 7pm: David Holt and the Lightning Bolts at MHU, Moore Auditorium. Tickets are general admission $15 in advance, $20 at the door.Tickets are available online http://www.mhu.edu/news-events
Saturday, April 8 from 9am – 4pm: Potters of Madison County show/sale. Marshall High Studios,115 Blannahassatt Island, Marshall, NC 28753. For more event and artist info at http://www.pottersofmadisoncounty.com
Saturday, April 8 at 9:00am: The Rotary Club of Madison County presents the 4th Annual Fiddlin’ 5K Run/Walk for the Music. Participants are treated to fiddle music along the 3.1 mile course in Mars Hill. Starts on the Upper Quad at Mars Hill University. Fee is $20 in advance at www.Active.com (until noon April 6) or $25 day of registration 7:30am to 9:00am. More info at 828.450.8456.
Contact us to learn more about the wide variety of experiences available in our beautiful county by emailing email@example.com
Provided by: Madison County Tourism Development Authority and Madison County Visitor Center