What’s Happening in Madison County, North Carolina
VisitMadisonCounty.com/events or call 828 680-9031
July 26 – August 2
Tuesday, July 25 at 4 pm: A free talk at the Hot Springs Library on the French Broad River. Author John Ross will explore the river’s early history and Renee Fortner From RiverLink will examine the river’s last 30 years. For more information: email@example.com
- Wednesday, July 26 at 11 am: Musicke Camerata is an early music quintet that seeks to enrich cultural life through historically informed live performances and educational programs. They perform in period costumes on replicas of early musical instruments and their repertoire is generally from the Medieval and Baroque eras. Appropriate for adults and children. This will be at the Marshall Library. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 27, 28, 29 at 7:30 and July 30 at 2:30: “Hard Travelin’ with Woody” a benefit for SART (Southern Appalachian Repertory Theater), donations in lieu of paid ticketing. Owen Theater, 44 College Street, Mars Hill (the campus of MHU). www.sartplays.co
- Weekdays from 10am to 4pm (closed for lunch 12 to 1): Exhibits at Weizenblatt Art Gallery in Moore Auditorium on Cascade Street, Mars Hill. Currently, Rock Creek Pottery Exhibit in Weizenblatt Gallery. This show brings light to the amazing work Will Ruggles and Douglass Rankin created and to the continued widespread influence they have on regional ceramic artists. Runs 5/23 – 8/11. Free and Open to the Public. Information at 828 689-1209 www.mhu.edu/art.
- Weeknights: Open Mic Nights–Mondays at Stackhouse, Wednesday at Zuma, Friday at Mars Hill Radio Theatre. Contact locations for information.
- Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays at Good Stuff, 38 Baileys Branch Road in downtown Marshall. Live music (plus other nights at times). 649-9711
- Wednesdays from 6:30 to 9:00 at Zuma. Open Mic with hosts Linda Jarvis and Jerry Burns.
- Thursdays at 7pm at Zuma, 7 N. Main St, downtown Marshall: FREE music with “Blue Grass Jam” featuring Bobby Hicks and friends 649-1617
- Thursdays from 8 to 10pm: Andy Buckner Live Music at Stackhouse Restaurant, 37 S. Main Street, Mars Hill. 680-1213
- Fridays at 6:30pm at The Depot, 282 S. Main St, downtown Marshall: FREE traditional music and dancing. 649-2332 (all year except for first Friday in December)
Saturdays from 9am to 2pm: Mars Hill Tailgate Market is on the Quad on Mars Hill University campus. There is beef, rabbit, chicken, pork, and lamb; vegetables; eggs; herbal tinctures; goat milk soap and more for sale. For more information: https://www.facebook.com/
- Saturdays from 10am to 2pm: Hot Springs Homegrown & Handmade Market on the lawn of the Alpine Court. From 4/1-10/28.For more information https://www.facebook.com/hotspringsmarket or https://hotspringsmarket.wordpress.com/
- First and Third Saturdays at 7:30: Rodeo at the Madison County Fairgrounds. $10 for tickets. Contact 828-206-6969. Next one is on July 29 at 7:30.
- Sunday, August 13 at 3pm: “A Toast to Broadway” with Brian Gurl & Liz Aiello. Benefit performance for Appalachian Barn Alliance at the Broyhill Chapel at 338 Cascade Street on the Mars Hill University campus in Mars Hill. Tickets are $20 for general admission and $25 to reserve a seat in the first 2 rows. Email email@example.com or call 828 380-9146 for information or to order tickets. More information at https://appalachianbarns.
- Thursday, August 24, 7:30 pm: MHU Faculty duo Recital featuring Dr. Alan Theisen (saxophone) and Professor Misty Theisen (flute). Broyhill Chapel (on the campus of MHU), free. For more information: http://mhumusic.com/events-calendar/
- Sunday August 27, 4 pm: Concert at Ebbs Chapel Performing Arts Center. August 27: The Kruger Brothers $30. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or www.madisoncountyarts.com
- Wednesday, August 30, 6 to 8 pm: Artist Opening Reception for Daniel Nevins, Weizenblatt Gallery on the campus of MHU. Information at 828 689-1209 www.mhu.edu/art.
- Tuesday, September 5, 7:30 pm: Faculty Voice Recital featuring Dr. Jennifer Bryant Pedersen and Professor Cathy Adkins. Broyhill Chapel on the campus of MHU. Free. For more information: http://mhumusic.com/events-calendar/
- Thursday – Sunday, September 7 to 10 pm: Ruthless! The Musical, 7:30 pm Thursday – Saturday, 2:30 pm Sunday. Owen Theater on the campus of MHU. Call 828-689-1239 for tickets.
Contact us to learn more about the wide variety of experiences available in our beautiful county by emailing email@example.com
Provided by: Madison County Tourism Development Authority and Madison County Visitor Center